Sunday, June 20, 2010

A lady for my cottage




I have been taking part in the minis4all online workshop with the very talented Hazel Dowd,


The workshop was to make up a doll and dress her as an old lady sitting sewing. Well unfortunately for me the class which included a doll kit was full but i was able to join in if i had my own doll. So without any hesitation i purchased the cd and pattern from Hazel and got on with sculpting my own old lady from polymer clay ready for when the pattern would arrive.




I decided that my old lady would have fallen asleep at her work in the old cottage that i am slowly progressing at.
she is sitting on a wooden settle that i made from scratch and beside her is a little black and white cat , which i sculpted from polymer clay and flocked with wool fibre.
Now i just need to make her a husband.
I would really recommend Hazels patterns and cds to anyone they are so clear and easy to follow and the draping instructions are just brilliant. I will definately be buying more.






2 comments:

  1. She is fabulous and her little cat is wonderful too. I look forward to seeing her husband when you make him too :0)
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Helen, it is hard to believe that this is your first effort - how clever you are. Your old lady and the cat are both so wonderful that it looks as though you've been doing figures forever. Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete