Thursday, February 27, 2014

The evacuees and residents of my 40's house

Here are the evacuees in part of the Victory garden.
The dolls have all been made by the very talented Joy Cox of Adora-bella-minis. she also made the adorable little dog who is being held by my smallest little boy.
I have always loved Joys dolls as they have such different expressions and they make me smile.
All the residents of my 40s house are by Joy.

 
Joy dressed all the children apart from the little boy on the go-cart who I dressed.
 
Here is another picture of the go-cart which  is absolutely brilliant. It even has a brake!
It was made by the very talented Roberson miniatures
who also make terrific prams too. 
 
 
 
Here is part of the shop with the shopkeeper, the evacuation officer and two of the evacuees 
 
 
 
 
I just love this little old lady and as soon as I saw her I just knew she had to be the evacuation officer
Look at her lovely brooch on her coat. I remember my aunt always wore a brooch on her coat.
 
 
 Here is the home guard (dressed by me)  and air raid warden. I love his face he looks full of fun.
 
 
 
 
Christmas in the 40's house (The old man was dressed by me)
The chairs were made following a tutorial from1inchminisbykris. There are some super tutorials on her blog
 
 
 
Baking day in the Kitchen
This little old lady was dressed by me.
The cooker and water heater  are made from phoenix miniatures kits. The kitchen food cabinet and kitchen table and accessories and the wash board were made from kits by Jane Harrop 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Just love all the details in your shop and your 40's house as well as the garden. Hope you keep blogging to show how you are going with it all. As ever you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete